"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Friday, January 7, 2011

{Startin' the Year Out Right!}

Because our cousins Mikey and Mckenzie were orphaned for (another) holiday, we decided to celebrate New Year's Mikey's way... and I'm oh, so glad we did.

It stared off with every one's left over Christmas treats and chili and those amazing sourdough scones I love so much.

Then the power went out.

So we bundled up and braved the bone chilling below zero temperatures and went out to ring in the New Year on (approximately) eastern time. The kid's don't know any different anyway.

(Remember this was all Mikey's idea.)
From what I understand this process involves dried up Christmas trees and a generous amount of gasoline.

Let's add a billion kids banging pots and pans with spoons, shall we?

And what do ya get?
A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Afterwards, I heard one of my girls say to Nana (neither one of them will own up to it now), "How come everytime we celebrate something it ends in a giant fire?"
Thankfully the power came back on right as Adam came back with his generator.
So we shook our groove things playing Just Dance until we couldn't shake them no more.
I have never laughed so hard as I did seeing Todd, Adam, my daddy and Mikey play that game.
Never.
Ever.
Ever.

3 comments:

Candace said...

HOw many below zero winters are you going to have to endure before you migrate to live near me? Your long lost soul sister. ;) We have the best of both worlds here... hot and cold... and the great thing about NC.... it can be 30 degrees one day and 65 the next and when we get snow, it's usually completely gone within three days... you know the time it starts to become ugly and gross. Oh, and in NC you get to see me. A lot. ;)

Robin and Stephenie said...

what fun! you guys always have so much fun. love ya

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Oh, I think I hear your mom's voice! It does my heart good. And to your girls I say, stuff ending in a giant fire is AWESOME!!!!

I wanna see just dance done by said boys!!!