"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Monday, January 3, 2011

{Birthday Bubba Time}

Our very own Sweet Caroline turned 7. I don't think there's a soul out there that was more excited than she was. That girl loves a good birthday party. Her choice for the birthday menu?
Waffles.
Waffles?
Waffles.... and hot chocolate.
I can make waffles work.
So we set up a giant waffle bar with every topping we could imagine. Peaches, strawberries, whipped cream and fresh ground nutmeg. Sprinkles and mini chocolate chips and red hots and gummy bears and nerds. Maple, grape, and chokecherry syrups.
It. was. delicious. (...and sugary! But you only turn 7 once, right?)
Then it was time for presents.
Has anyone done the Captain Morgan in pink cowgirl boots before?




I took Lou and Elizabeth to the dollar store to pick out presents for their sister. Dollar stores and three-year-olds just don't mix. He finally picked out bubble bath, and was so beyond excited to give it to her.


Elizabeth picked out a stuffed monkey, which has hung around Caroline's neck ever since. She's in love. Excellent choice Boo.


See? He's a great homework helper.


This little guy? I guess not so much.


The peanut gallery:


The cake:
Yep, she wanted a Christmas tree cake. I've worked so hard all these years to make sure her birthday didn't get lost in the Christmas hubub, and she asks for a Christmas tree cake. So we made it girly. She loved it.





...and now for a little more sugar. Sheesh. Those kids were bouncing off the walls with joy!

Happy Birthday my sweet Caroline. We love you and your happy smile and sweet giggles and playful little self! You are my own little sunshine girl. I love you!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Caroline!! i love her Capt. Morgan stance, i'm cracking up over it still!!!

what a great bday... you guys seriously know how to throw down a mean party!

ps. can i just say... when i'm a mom, i want to be JUST LIKE YOU (and yeah, sure, i've got Ava... but i still feel like a glorified babysitter with just one! :) )