We went to Menan, where usually I see all kinds of people I never see except at Menan on the 4th, but this year it failed me. Where we you guys hiding!?! The kids all had fun at the carnival, then we headed out for the parade.
Cutest parade bystanders ever... and yes, we got our chocolate milk.
It was surprisingly chilly for the 4th of July...
Then we were off to the Partyson's for a BBQ and some prefirework fireworks. This smoke bomb rainbow was brought to us by Adam's brother Dave. You can see the family resemblance by the propane torch in his hand.
The "Supervisors":
The little kids still don't really understand the joy of a really noisy firework (who knew a boring metal garbage can could resonate like that?!?) Laura tries really hard to respect that fear.
Todd, however, gets a big kick out of it.
Now comes the time where we as sane adults give several small children pointy sticks that we have set on fire and told them to run around in circles.
This video is a perfect little slice of my kids' personalities. Caroline dances and sings skipping along happily (love her "awww..." when her sparkler goes out). Elizabeth practices writing her name perfectly in cursive while Louis attempts to light a bush on fire. I'm so proud.
I'm happy to report there were no you'llpokeyoureyeout incidents this year. Then off to the big Menan fireworks (where I still didn't see anybody I know). But Caroline dutifully "oohed" and "ahhed" for each and every firework, so that pretty much made up for it.






2 comments:
You guys seriously know how to party in STYLE!
Love the pointy little sticks on fire, and the children attached to them.
Post a Comment