"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

{Happy Birthday Lou!}

(...and I'm only a whole month behind on posting this. Call me "Super Mom"...sigh...)


My baby is three.
(Sorry, I need a moment to compose myself **deep breathing**)
THREE!
But have you seen a cuter three-year-old? Love this little man.


So we were so excited be able to have enough room to have a little party at our house. Lou was completely spoiled (and he knows it).

We at BBQ style.

We opened presents.


We were all amazed by the innocent looking sucker from Aunt Leis that really contained a caterpillar. Lou ran over immediately to inform her of the serious problem. Now he takes it to bed with him...





Todd and I got him his own little wheelbarrow. He thinks it's the funnest thing ever, but really we've decided it's time to start his indentured servant training.







Auntie Laura and Uncle Adam always give the "fun" present. This year's was perfect!




How many grandfathers does it take to assemble a basketball hoop made for 2-5 year-olds?

"I don't recognize this paper thingy, are these... instructions?!?"




After presents we set the kids loose on all things water fun.


Aiden boy:



...and miss Maren (don't I have the cutest nieces & nephews?!)


...love her belly!


Elizabeth, Angelina and Elyse enjoyed the age-old sprinkler under the trampoline trick.


Caroline became a quick master on the slip-and-slide. Check out that form!




Lou's still working on the concept... (sorry this video is sideways!)









A leetle chalk art competition between elementary teachers is always fun. Grandma Marge vs. Katey. It's so important to inspire these future graffiti artist at a young age! Graffiti with Grandma!


After an whole day's worth of attempts, and snapping and whistling, and saying, "hey Louis! Over here Louis! Louis. Louis! LOUIS!" One good picture of the birthday boy smiling at the camera. Priceless.





The long asked for blue race car cake:








5 comments:

Katy said...

Louis is seriously one the absolute CUTEST little guys I know.. he has my heart! Happy Birthday big guy! He totally scored with some great presents too. I laughed and laughed over his slip n sliding skilz... he's the coolest! Caroline's form is glorious!!

You are a wonderful mom... it's super obvious with all your spectacular babies!!!

laura_beez said...

LOL at Ken! Also, the only picture of me in this post is messing up the background of your only "good" pic of Lou--sorry! Thanks for the fun party!

Rachel Holloway said...

Seriously so much fun--you sure do know how to throw a party!

LOVE that slip and slide pic.. LOL. Made me laugh.

And I had this though as I was scoping out the new pics on your sidebar--your kids could totally be models for the american girls dolls--their names fit and all! :) Random thought from me, for the day. :)

Jeremy and Immer said...

Great birthday party. Happy birthday little Louis!!! What a great time to have a birthday, out doors, water, sun, food, fun, etc.

Kristie said...

you crack me up! I love reading your posts! why again did you move? I've forgotten that lame reason you gave... something about your husband's job.. blah blah... :) (Ryan hates it when I say blah blah.) and wow, alynn you're awesome. the cake rocks. when will that cake decorating become a priority for me? maybe I should start by letting the kids pick the flavor of their birthday cakes, instead of Ryan and I looking something up on allrecipes that sounds exciting... I don't know, those kids, it would always be funfetti. Louis is perfect, and it's a good thing for him that you are so far away, or he'd be getting smooched every Sunday, by me. It took having one for me to convert, but I think little boys are the cutest, now.

Oh! and I love the new pictures, you're gorgeous Alynn. It's cool to see your hair long and lovely, I wonder if I'll ever do that again.