Need proof? Oh, I got it. The Stampede Parade should work as a nifty little example.
First, let's talk location. It happens to march right past my parent's house (see that cute red roof behind Laura and I? Cutest. house. ever.) We get the best -- and easiest seats every year, guaranteed. It's like we're VIP's!
The rest of the spectators:
And now the party gets started! Meet "Old Smokey" the oldest, smokiest (not just a clever name) tractor around. They even shoot candy at you out of that sticky-outy-thinger in the back there!
... a little plug for the family business here:
This is the part where we all shout, "REAL FIRE TRUCKS ARE RED!!!" in honor of my Grandpa Poole who was the fire chief in Rigby.
Thank you, little gentleman!
Todd and Adam had to work, but don't worry. We texted them pictures of our score so they wouldn't forget what they were missing. We're thoughtful like that.
Speaking of scores, not only did the kids get more candy than their dentist would be happy about (don't worry they got a free toothbrush too), I also was the recipient of some free Wendy's frosty cards. Oh yeah!
I'm. watching. you.
Moving on.
Some new (and approved by me) additions to the parade this year:
A camel! Why? I'm not sure.
...and the bagpipers! Lou loves him some bagpipers.
Did I forget to mention the cow pie bingo? You just buy a ticket for the square in front of you in the parade route, and if a animal leaves a little present behind (if you know what I mean) you win a chance at a big screen t.v. or another wonderful prize! We chose not to participate, and it's a good thing because we were left presentless. But a good idea, nonetheless.
Too soon it was all over (you can always tell because the street sweeper always brings up the rear). To thank him we threw candy into his window. He was a very nice man.






10 comments:
That is so fun. I love small town parades.
Oh I miss the parade...there's just not another one like it. Thanks for documenting for those of us who couldn't make it!
1. How cute is Grandma??
2. Is this the one in June? If so, my dad always thought it was for his birthday. What a gem.
3. Talk about great seats.
4. Nice haul.
Makes me a little jealous...Plain City's parade was quite lame this year. :( Maybe we should head to Rigby next year.
FYI: All photos of me in this post are approved. Thank you for obeying the "Chin Rule."
And I agree, whazzup with the bambinos?!
AHhhhh. You made me miss Rigby too....until I saw you all wearing coats in July!!!!
hahahaha!!! you make me laugh sooo hard!! why, oh WhY, do we not hang out every second of the day?! awesome pics lady!!!
Gotta love Rigby! Kevin would be upset with the Bambinos as well. And the chocolate milk is the best.
Nice parade... I love that there's always something to do or go where ever we are :o) Lots of fun for the kids.
I think I need to move back to Rigby. Rigby rocks.
Post a Comment