"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Monday, November 2, 2009

{Halloween Par-tay Part 1: Punkins!}

We had so much fun this Halloween, I decided to post the par-tay in sections! Welcome to part-o uno: the annual pumpkin butchering! Laura really gets into it...


This was the first year I let Elizabeth wield the knife all by herself. I about had a (or several) heart attack(s), but she did a super job and her pumpkin turned out adorable (even if it did end up with a few less teeth than originally planned)!

Caroline loves the guts! She just giggled and scooped and giggled and scooped!


Louis even worked on his own little pumpkin... for awhile. His demands were simple. It needed teeth, and it had to be "scare-wy".

As Elyse was doing a little of this...
I got a little of this! Watch out for flying seeds! I think my life flashed before my eyes....


It was almost a scary as this little monster Maren!


"Who me?!? I'm just adorable!" Somehow I get the feeling Laura knows what she' up to!


...and the final product! TA-DA! Elizabeth's classic happy (almost) toothless punkin, Louis's "scare-wy" little vampire, and Caroline's Spongebob toothed / "Day of the dead" morphed work of wonder. Doesn't every pumpkin require eyelashes?

Stay tuned for Halloween Par-tay Parts 2 & 3 coming to a blog near you!

5 comments:

Candace said...

So cute!!! We didn't do pumpkins at all this year, I feel like such a loser. LOL ;)

I love them all, I do think Caroline's is my fave, though. I love how she made the eyes looks like moons... with eyelashes! Very cute!

pollywallydoodle said...

These are why we love being moms--helping our children have wonderful childhood memories to cling to!

Jessica said...

I hit Aidyn in the face with a pumpkin seed as well and she is still complaining about it.
Those are some nice looking pumpkins

Jeremy and Immer said...

I love October! The trees change colors, it gets a little bit cold, carving pumpkins... it's so much fun!

Jeremy and Immer said...

I really like Caroline's Jack-o-lanter, with eyelashes :o)