"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Wednesday, May 20, 2009

{Paaarrr-taaayyy!}

Today was a day full of parties! I wish I was half as popular as we managed to be today in just a normal week!

We started the day out strong with Caroline's preschool graduation. That's right-y, it seems like I was having my major Mama-trauma just a few weeks ago when she started preschool, and it's already over. Do you know what that means?!? Next comes KINDERGARTEN!!! Ack! I can't breathe... somebody get me a paper bag...

Here she is with her teacher, Carol Broadhead. She is the sweetest lady ever! We both just love her!


Caroline and Elyse have become the best of buddies -- they have missed each other so much since we moved out... aren't they just the cutest girlies ever?


Is there any doubt where Caroline got her beautiful blue eyes? She just loves her Nana!



On to Party numero 2, the Mission 24 get together! I have been so excited about this! I had so much fun seeing old pals again and putting names together with real people that I hadn't met before. We ate and talked and laughed and took pictures (what else are we supposed to do? It's a photography blog!) Everyone else had their fancy schmancy cameras. I was just drooling at every "click-a click-a" they made. ... Someday... someday... Rachel said she got some good pictures of me -- I'll have to post them when she gets them done. Apparently April's flash makes me look amazing. I think I want one to hang over my head like mistletoe all the time!

This is pretty much what the second half of the party looked like (the first half we were too busy eating...) Here's Katy and Rachel with the a fore mentioned fancy schmancies:


Poor baby Grace must have felt like she was being mobbed by the Paparazzi!


Last, but not least, it was time to go celebrate a birthday with my favorite brother-in-law and yours, "Fun Adam"! Do you need proof? Why not take the kiddos out on an impromptu ride on the dingy? They couldn't have been happier!


While they were out on the river, I took the opportunity to take a few random shots. Isn't my mom the coolest? How many other grandmas do you know that still jump on the trampoline?

I could take pictures of Maren's sweet face all day long...
The apple trees are in blossom! Finally, spring has come to Idaho!
I was playing with sun flare here (thanks for the inspiration Candace!) I love how these came out!
To end off the day I got this shot of the door knob on my neighbor's shed for a "Vintage" challenge for M24. I'm lovin' the colors! I wish every day could be this fun and rewarding!

6 comments:

laura_beez said...

Woop woop! Day of parties! I love how you always get the cutest shots of my girls. And check out "Funcle Adam" rowing that boat--SWEET!

laura_beez said...

P.S. I love your new profile picture on the sidebar--(singing) *gor-geous*!

{Alynn} said...

I guess it pays to have friends that are photographers! Thanks Rachel!!! : )

Candace said...

Girl!!! How did I miss this post??? I have no idea... I was just scrolling through my list of new posts thing and saw this one waaay down there! I'm so glad I was doing that during my moment of boredom!

Ok, Caroline looks SO MUCH like you!! She and my Emma must be the same age. Emma's not turning five until October, though, and here, they have to turn five BEFORE school starts or they have to wait a whole nother year before they can start K. I think it's ridiculous! She's SO TALL. She's going to be a whole head taller than her whole class when she finally starts school, I just know it!

And I'm so so so sad that I wasn't able to come to your house and hang out for the Mission 24 get together! ugh! Why do I have to live a million miles away???

And you really did have an action packed day! All that happened in one day??

Isn't sunflare so much fun???? I love when we have beautiful light in the evenings here. It's been gloomy and rainy for the past few days and I'm going through withdrawals! I want to take Noah's one year pictures in the pretty light, but I can't seem to get any around here!

Okay, I've just written a blog in your comments, so I'll shut up now. :)

jennywren said...

Love all the pics--you are getting crazy talented with your camera. :) Makes me envious! I have another friend who is part of M24...totally weird. Kind of creeps me out like you guys are taking over the world. Just leave me out of your world domination unless I get some awesome pics out of it!

Jeremy and Immer said...

I can't believe how fast the year is going. Caroline already finished with pre-school. Naomi is almost done, this week is her last one. You are a party girl! It makes me feel happy seeing you so happy :o) I love you my dear friend.