"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Friday, May 8, 2009

{Elizabeth's Baptism}


Elizabeth was baptized last Saturday, May 2nd. (In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe that little children are innocent and cannot sin. Children are baptized at the age of eight, when they are old enough to be accountable for the choices they make. We also believe in baptism by immersion.) We are so proud of her for making this choice and covenant with her Heavenly Father. We could all feel His presence so strongly that day as her daddy baptized her, and she was absolutely glowing. She is such a beautiful girl and is trying so hard to do as her Heavenly Father wants her to. We love her so much and are so grateful she is a part of our family!

Elizabeth with her Nana and Papa - my parents.


My mom, Elizabeth, my dad, and his mother -- Elizabeth's Great-Grandma Moss.


Our family with Todd's parents.


Grandma was telling Elizabeth how proud she was of her -- what a special moment!

8 comments:

Donnie and Christina said...

Congrats Elizabeth! Such beautiful pictures, I love how you capture the precious moments with your children. Hope your doing awesome! Check out our blog sometime! Miss ya.

Kristin and Jay said...

Ahh, that made me all teary! How is it possible that you have a baby old enough to get baptized! How fun is that?! Congrats!

Candace said...

How wonderful!!! I know it was such a special day for your whole family. Elizabeth just radiates beauty.

Olson Clan said...

Congratulations Elizabeth! Wow, a baptism in the family. How time flies. So wish we could have been there. Give her a hug from us.

Robin and Stephenie said...

What an amazing day! I love the picture of Elizabeth kissing her daddy. I am so glad that the dads have to do that kind of thing. My kids would get prune skin from waiting in the water so long so I could stop crying long enough to finish the baptisim.

valerie said...

Congratualtions Elizabeth!! I can't believe she is 8!! Before you know it, she'll be driving. AHHH! Your pictures turned out awesome!! Love them!

laura_beez said...

Wow, your pictures are really beautiful, and you're so good about capturing special moments. I'm inspired! Congrats Elizabeth, we love you!

Ivy & Mae said...

How sweet! Congrats to Elizabeth. How in the world do you have a child old enough to be baptized?? Are we really growing that much older.