"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Friday, March 27, 2009

{...a Little More Catching Up -- Jackson Style!}

Todd is a lucky man. A lucky, lucky man -- and not just because he's married to me, either. He's been working his magic on the radio phone lines and has won two separate dinner with movie tickets, plus tickets to go through the National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming! He says he loves dating me, especially now that it's free! Mr. Romantic.

Anyway, so back while the computer was down he stole me away for a day trip to Jackson. Too much fun. It's been forever since we've done something like this, and we had a blast just hanging out and letting our hair down (so to speak -- Todd doesn't have much, but you get the idea). We love driving, plus we had an awesome "soundtrack" for the road. I believe Todd is showing off his mad air guitar skillz to the new Metallica CD here...

(I'd like to take a moment for a little shout-out to our new friend Wyoming State Trooper Cooper! Whoop! Apparently he is also the master of the air guitar, and we really enjoyed our nice little chat with him. Such a nice man = No ticket for Toddy. Continuing our saga... )

The National Elk Refuge is just outside of Jackson. It's a natural valley that seems to be quite desirable to the elk folk in the winter and they naturally migrate there. Now they are protected and fed about half of what they need. This year the herd was around 7,000 elk. They have a little museum / waiting area that you start out in. They called this elk the Chandelier elk because of totally unique "do." I think he was just trying to express his elkdividuality.

Tee-hee-hee. Check out the "Feature Creature." So cute!

Then we loaded up on horse drawn wagons and went out to see the elk. Ye-haw!

Todd's favorite elk (men are allowed to have such things, I have to admit they all looked the same to me.) His name is BONESAW!!! So manly.


I think they called this Indian Mountain. Time to "see nature" (in the photo below) -- which I am so horrible at. (Those of you who were avid readers of my old blog, you totally know what I'm talking about.) I really do see this one, though. OK, are you ready? Start at the right side of the horizon. It goes headdress, face, arms crossed over chest, looooong legs, feet. See it?

Ahhh... an elkastic getaway! What an elkalicious day! Elkarama! Elkteresting! Elkciting!
...Hey, at least I wasn't at home... alone ... with all those kids ...and no computer.

4 comments:

Candace said...

Wow, that is all so gorgeous. I drove through Wyoming on a cross-country trip a year ago, right about now, actually... So beautiful! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Olson Clan said...

I so don't see it!!! I'll keep trying though. I adore reading your blog. Glad you guys got away for a bit. Miss ya!!

jennywren said...

Wow, I think I'm completely missing your Indian Mountain...I'm so not getting that. Looks like hills and elk to me! How nice to have fun on a free date though--gotta love those!

My husband also plays air guitar...even though he has no idea what a guitar sounds like...and absolutely zero sense of rhythm. Like less than zero. He's such a geek. Ü

Rachel Holloway said...

I KNOW i am so late in writing this, but WOW! What a fun little getaway! I am so impressed that Todd has mad radio winning skills. I am too chicken to enter any here. :)

Sounds like a great getaway...though, that snow is makin' me shiver right now!