"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Thursday, February 12, 2009

{"Our" Temple}

It's the first anniversary of the dedication of the Rexburg temple! We were still living in Washington when the temple was finished, and on our Christmas vacation I was able to take the girls through the open house. Brrr... it was so cold! The wind coming over the hill was freezing!


Ever since then the girls have called it "our temple." Every time we drive by or see a picture they will say, "Look mom! There's our temple!" I love it that the experience made such an impression on them. The temples are such wonderful places, like little pieces of heaven here on earth. I know they felt that. I am so grateful for these temples -- because of them now I know I have an eternal marriage and that I can be with my family forever! What an amazing blessing and promise from God! To celebrate, our local leaders have asked everyone to visit the temple in gratitude next week.


If you want to learn more about temples from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, click here!

6 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I don't think I've seen any pics of that temple with the snow. That is really neat that your kids had that opportunity.

Candace said...

Wow, your temple is so beautiful! And the promise of being with your family forever.. well, that's just priceless. I love the pictures!

Jon Ward said...

You have a beautiful family, and the pictures of the temple in Rexburg are beautiful too.

After a stretch of bad luck with health, I was able to get back to the Idaho Falls temple for the first time in over five years. It felt good to get back.

I am writing to let you know that I set up a facebook page for former Rigby High German exchange students, and you are one I hadn't been able to locate.

Your sister was in our ward, but I haven't seen her for a while. People move in and out of the ward very quickly here.

If you are interested in accessing the page, let me know at jonward@cableone.net. We have about 60 people on it at this point, and I should be putting more pictures on in the next while.

pollywallydoodle said...

I am so sad that I missed the tours of "your temple" that is why I am so stoked to take my chiclets to the Draper openhouse!!!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! I still have yet to visit the Rexburg temple. How lucky you are to be so close.

Jeremy and Immer said...

THE TEMPLE IS BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE TEMPLES, WE RECENTLY WENT TO THE TEMPLE AND IT WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE TO BE IN THE LORD'S HOUSE.