*ahem*
For Valentine's day, I practically begged Todd not to take me out on a date. The idea of trying to order (let alone eat) at a restaurant was completely nauseating, and the thought of even smelling popcorn at a theater had me sprinting for the bathroom.
So. romantic.
We mutually decided to kinda just skip it this year... it's obvious from my 'current condition' he's crazy about me anyway.
But I couldn't let the day go by without some sort of lovey gesture. I am a romantic at heart. So I covered our bathroom mirror in a giant pink heart of post-its declaring my love and adoration for my fine man. That, and bought him a lot of white chocolate.
Skip ahead to present day, when the girls got home from school on the bus before I did. What do my darling angels decide to do with their unsupervised moments of glory? Run amuck? Gorge themselves on forbidden treats? Zombie-fy in front of the tube? Nope!
They covered our bathroom mirror in love notes.
Awww...
Some highlights:
"Love? What is love" I dunno. Maybe I should play them this song. Or this adorable little French cartoon. That should pretty much clear it all up.
"Ture Love!" Well, since I'm rounding out their education with You Tube, I think I'll go with this...
"Bacon sandwich" makes another appearance. (This baby's guaranteed to have issues.) That, or my family is really trying to tell me what they want for dinner.
While I'm extremely flattered at the "Best Parents Ever" title, it's a little difficult not to be concerned about the sheer size of the girth on those belly drawings. They must have really good memories from when I was pregnant with Lou. But really??? Layin' it on a little thick and a little early, aren't we ladies? Check me out. Barely a 12 week baby pooch. It's more like a "Wow, Alynn's really packin' on these days... or did I hear she's preggers? pooch."
But hands down, this one is my favorite:
Nope. I keep tellin' em. He was messing with his belly button screw when he was a youngin' and his bum fell off ages ago.
See?






8 comments:
Hahahaha!! I love it!! That french cartoon was the best!! :)
lol! That is COMPLETELY adorable! LOVE IT!!! :) Your kiddos are too funny for words!
That is hilarious! So glad you documented it, what a treasure! That's ture love fur sure!
LOVE IT!! So cute!!
So funny my mom and I went to lunch today and I ordered a BLT. I told her I have been craving one since the bacon sandwich comment on your blog. So.. that has now been taken care of. WE also were discussing how you shou ld teach a parenting class because you are such a good mommy with such good kids. As the love notes proves. I love your blog.
you're hilarious! that is so cute Alynn, what great kids. and I cracked up at carolyn's mater face- the resemblance is uncanny!! I'm so dreading the girls permanent teeth. gums are fine for a while... a long while.
p.s. I have a picture I took of Eva when she was two, and made a similar comparison to wallace (of wallace and gromet)-sent it to my family for everyone's pleasure.. where is that picture??
That is awesome.
Your children are so cute... all of those love notes. It's great that you took pictures and wrote about it. What a great memory.
Post a Comment