"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Wednesday, August 26, 2009

{Splish, Splash!}

I wanted to take the kiddos to the splash park just one more time before school started. Where has this summer gone?!? To me, this is just the perfect way to spend a summer day! Besides that, the photo ops are just to tempting to ignore!

I love these fat little feet!

...and then I remembered why I don't take my kids to the splash park. Because Caroline always does this. Every time, without fail. Oh, the terror of tiny droplets of water. I am a cruel mother. What kind of person would subject innocent children to all this splashy fun?
Then a wonderful thing happened, my heart still gets all warm and fuzzy thinking about it. My beautiful Elizabeth came to save the day and managed to do what I cannot. Somehow she got Caroline out there and actually enjoying herself. She even ran under the curtains of water to go down the slides. This is why everyone needs a big sister. Love them (my sweet girls, and my big sister!)
Proof! Wet and happy!
I love my big sister because while we made the kids eat boring peanut butter sandwiches, she brought us Greek pitas! Oh, delicious!
And we ate, and we played, and we splashed, and we soaked up that wonderful sunshine!
Louis has discovered the wonder of plugging his ears. He does it everywhere -- completely cracks me up! La, la, la!
Duck, it's gonna get you!
I guess I've gotten so old that I just don't remember the thrill of sitting on fountain of freezing water... I really just don't understand the thrill anymore. But it seems to be universal fun -- the big kids were teaching the little kids!

And just like that, our summer vacation was over...

5 comments:

valerie said...

So fun! And such cute pictures! Hope you survived the first day of school!!

Katy said...

My goodness, i missed a FUN day at the park! Dang, love the pictures, your kids are insanely cute! I'm wishing Ava had a big sis to get her to go down the slides... she's quite the wanny these days!!! Great post!

Rachel Holloway said...

What a perfect way to end the summer! LOOOOVE that splash park. Seriously. :)

Sisters are great...especially yours1 She always brings the goodies, huh? (referring to last time when she brought the licorice, etc)

Hooray for summer...and hooray for the start of fall...soon... :)

Jeremy and Immer said...

Elizabeth is such a good sister. I just love her.

laura_beez said...

Cute pictures! Mmm, Greek pitas. Too bad Greek pitas = bad breath. Thanks for the gum!