"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Thursday, August 27, 2009

{Mama Trauma Day 2009}

Why is the first day of school so stinkin' hard for me?!? I was seriously more of a wreck than the girls were, which I guess is a good thing. This isn't about me, it's about them -- and they had a wonderful day!

Elizabeth was first to go, she was up and ready early and was so excited! She had her whole outfit picked out, all down to the matching earrings! Are third graders even allowed to be this pretty?!?


Caroline is in afternoon kindergarten, so she had to wait.... all.... morning..... long.... until it was finally time for the bus. She wore her backpack all morning. We played Candy Land to kill some time and I seriously wanted to freeze time right at that moment when she was still my little girl, all mine.

...but I can't. She is so adorable! I just wanna squeeze her!

Here's where the serious amounts of Mama Trauma kicked in. Those of you who are faint of heart may want to look away.

Ugh, I know. I can't even look at that picture without getting all misty! She looks so tiny compaired to that giant bus!

At least I had this guy to keep me company.... until he wimped out on me and took a nap. Two-year-olds! *sigh*

So I was left to watch the clock alone. Finally, it was time to go pick them up from school, and we all walked home together. They were so excited about their days, they just chattered and talked over each other and grinned and skipped and giggled. My heart was happy. They were mine again, and I couldn't be more proud of them! Love you girls!

13 comments:

Candace said...

Omgosh!!! Elizabeth looks so much older than third grade!!!! Your girls are so beautiful! I know you're so proud and so sad all at once. So bittersweet. I'm taking Emma to pre-school everyday this year and it's so sad to me. Can you believe at her pre-school they go from 8am - 2pm??? That just seems like such a long day for four year olds!

Rachel Holloway said...

Alynn...of COURSE they are allowed to be that pretty...they ARE your daughters! :) They look lovely...all dolled up and accessoriezed! Think of all the fun alone time you will have during naptime...maybe you will pick up new hobby!

I definitely understand the tug at your heartstrings though... :)

Kristin and Jay said...

I'm glad you "wreaked" more that your girls, or that could have been a disastrous first day =) haha! Pretty pretty girls. I have NO idea how I am going to do it one day!

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Oh, you are HYSTERICAL. And yes, I am faint of heart. I can't hardly look at those pictures. Why do they do this to us.... although, I have to admit, there are days when I wish Abby WOULD go to school!

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Oh, you are HYSTERICAL. And yes, I am faint of heart. I can't hardly look at those pictures. Why do they do this to us.... although, I have to admit, there are days when I wish Abby WOULD go to school!

Katy said...

oh dude, i'm all freaked out now for school to start.... in like 3 years...

your girls are beautiful... serious gorgeous!!! what awesome first day pics too... Alynn, you're a force with that camera!!!

Hang in there... only 435636369034753983 more days of school left in their life...
approximately

Robin and Stephenie said...

I can't imagine sending my babies to school kenidee begs almost everyday to go to school. what am I to do? what beautiful girls you have and at least you have Louis for a little while.

{Alynn} said...

Oh, Kristin, you caught me! "Wreck" I was a "wreck"!!! : ) Sometimes I think my fingers go faster than my brain! I guess I need to go back to school too!

Jeremy and Immer said...

I see that you gave Caroline a hair cut, she looks so pretty. Your girls are adorable, I would not let them go that easy either, they are angels. I'm glad you survived the first week!

Nalder family said...

I agree the first day of school is so hard....that day last forever as you are hoping they are loving it. THey look so cute on their first day!!!

The Wyatt's said...

Your girls are adorable. Glad you survived the first day. At least they like school. It makes me feel so much better when McKenna comes home with a a big grin and she's in a good mood for the rest of the day. I'm not sure if I could send her is she wasn't so excited about it.

jennywren said...

Ok, seeing your daughter get on the bus? WAY more mama trauma than I had walking my own kids to school. I totally understand how that would be a teary moment--watching my kids walking to their class all excited and chatting with friends, eh, not so much trauma. Hopefully you are feeling better and enjoying the quiet! (...ish, since you DO have a two year old)

Ryan and Angela said...

Isn't it amazing how you can be a wreck, but your kids just hop on the bus excitedly and barely look back to wave to mom?