My nana is very smart. She is always memorizing songs, poems, and rhymes. They all teach important lessons. She always has an answer to all of my problems and worries.

I couldn't agree more! My kids call her Nana instead of Grandma because she had a Nana (who lived in the same house my mom does now, her name was Nina Grace -- where Elizabeth got her middle name from). My mom grew up just across the street from her Nana. My mom always says she knew her Nana loved her just because she breathed. I'm 100% sure my mom loves my kids for exactly the same reason. We are so lucky to live so close to her again!
My favorite tradition that she has started is a "Nana Day." My kids look forward to to Nana Days like they do Christmas. It's just an afternoon of pure one-on-one Nana time. She does anything they'd like. Usually little things like bake cookies, play cards, or go to Wendy's and get fries and frosties, or run errands for little things like fun new socks or a new book. She can get them to talk about just about anything... which is such a good thing for Elizabeth! I love that they get to have such quality time together, that they have such a special relationship with my mom. Golly, I just love them all!
I wouldn't be the mom I am without my own mother. I'm not able to find the words to give how my heart feels justice. I just love her!
I stole this little quote from my brillant cousin's FB post: "Few of us will reach our potential without the nurturing of both the mother who bore us and the mothers who bear with us." –Sheri L. Dew






2 comments:
Tear jerker! What a perfect Nana and such a sweet tribute to her from Elizabeth! Heavenly!
What a sweet tribute from a grand-daughter. My kids call my mom nana too, and also have something called "Nana night!" Very Sweet
Post a Comment