Elizabeth placed
2nd PLACE
in the
DISTRICT spelling bee (out of 41 kids)!
It was Todd's idea to send her balloons to school that day! She was so surprised, and you could tell she love all the attention she got from them. It really put her in a great mood and got rid of her nerves!
She was amazing, and I totally geeked out watching her -- you would have thought I was watching some world championship tournament. I'm even guilty of doing a Nepolian Dinamte elbow thrust "YES!" So embarrassing. She breezed through words like slammed, nobility, hobbies, horrendous (!!!), vaccine, tomatoes, competitor, and brutality when caressed finally got the best of her (she spelled it with an "o"). She studied so hard for a month every day, and had such a great attitude and was so happy to be there. We're so proud of her!
The M.C. and judges table:

All the kids lining up. She has her "lucky pink skirt" on:

Here's all the 4th graders from her school that participated.
Macey, Anna, Regin, John, Tregan, and Elizabeth







3 comments:
Elizabeth is awesome! I'm still just so darn proud of her, I can't even stand it. Great job, Bibbitz!
Even after reading it, i STILL can't spell Horendus (hurindus? horendass?)
GREAT JOB, Elizabeth! I bet one reason why she's so awesome at spelling words is because her name is so long. This is why *I* spell like a loser... I even shorten MY name to "K.T." cuz i'm THAT stunted. my daughter, "AVA" is also doomed to a life of crappy spelling. It's science.
hugs to you all!!!!!
Congratulations Miss E-L-I-Z-A-B-E-T-H!
p.s. Nice touch on the balloons Todd. I like it.
Post a Comment