"Life without love is a shadow of what life may be."



Monday, April 20, 2009

{It's Great to be Eight!}

My first baby turned eight this weekend. Seriously, when did Elizabeth turn from this:


To this? We're talking major mama trauma here you guys! Call me biased, but she has always been too pretty for her own good in my eyes!


We had some serious partying going on this weekend to mark this major milestone. One of her best friend's birthday is the day after hers, so we had a big luau party for both of them.


When we got there the radio was on and all they wanted to do was dance! I wasn't sure we should have planned anything else, but we finally pulled them away to make bracelets, decorate cupcakes and have smoothies, and play a few games. They had a blast!

Here are the "Three Musketeers." Sydney, Elizabeth, and Brokelle.

Saturday was her birthday, and Elizabeth had a great plan. We went to the mall with Nana to get her ears pierced, then off to lunch with daddy (he had to work) so she could show him her new "bling"! She was pretty nervous when we got there, but once they showed her all the stuff, she decided to go for it. I can't believe how cute they are! She picked little pink daisyes for studs. She's adorable, and I'm still reeling that she's finally old enough to do this. We've been telling her, "When you're eight..." for years!



Then on Sunday, (the party that just won't end!) we had family over for pizza, cake and ice cream. The weather was finally so nice, and we really enjoyed being all together. I missed this so much when we lived out of state.


I'm so glad I had the video camera running for this. (I know, I know, I should never speak while this thing is running. I'm sorry... again.) These are not trick candles! Todd and Elizabeth picked them out special because they are sparkling candles, but every time she blew... well, watch it for yourself. Tee, hee, hee!



I am so amazed and proud when I look at my Elizabeth. She is such a sweet-hearted girl. Always wanting to help, so reliable, so good. She is growing up fast, she doesn't want to be thought of as a little girl anymore... and so giggly lately (tweens, here we come)! She's doing super in school, loves art and reading. She's a wonderful friend. I just love the wonderful little person she is, and the one she's growing into (way too fast)! Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

5 comments:

Candace said...

Awww!!!! Happy birthday, Elizabeth!!! Maybe... just maybe, ONE day, I'll get to meet ya! :)

Now... Alynn~~ I can only imagine how bittersweet it is for her to turn 8.. Oh my... It makes me so sad that my Noah's about to be one and that Emma's going to be 5 this year... time just goes by waaay too fast. It's so sad and so sweet to watch them grow... :)

Olson Clan said...

Happy Birthday!!!! She is so lucky to have a mommy like you. It only gets better and more interesting from here on out.....

Jeremy and Immer said...

Happy birthday Elizabeth! We are happy that you enjoyed your party. You are so brave Elizabeth, to get your ears pierced! wow...
We are sure that you look adorable with your new earings!
Love, hugs and kisses from all of us.

Rachel Holloway said...

I know I am DAYS late on this comment, but I just had to say HAPPY B-day to Elizabeth! 8 is our ear piercing age too--and it's coming way too soon! :)

I still remember seeing her in K-mart (I know you don't remember, and I feel dumb for bringing it up again...but hey, it's a major memory when I think of you) and she was such an itty bitty little girl...

All grown up now...almost. :)

jennywren said...

Awwww....isn't it crazy that our kids are getting older? Most days it feels like forever, and then suddenly years have gone by. She's such a pretty thing--and now my Abby wants her ears pierced when she's 8, even though she has never met Elizabeth, but think they look beautiful in the pictures. :)