Don't worry. We figured it. Try not to be jealous.
But we were hungry, so first we started with Panda Express (yummy, but no, not the amazing thing we've never done before).
Sheesh, he's even handsome when he's stuffing his face. I do love a good car ride.
But we were hungry, so first we started with Panda Express (yummy, but no, not the amazing thing we've never done before).
Sheesh, he's even handsome when he's stuffing his face. I do love a good car ride.
...and suddenly not so handsome. This picture is legit. He had a toothache and was trying to check out his molar in the rear view mirror. From over here? He just looks a little handy.




We even had a generator we put a 100 foot extension cord on and drug out to the desert so we could watch movies. Like I said, classy.
Todd was in charge of the cooking ("How sweet!" you're thinking). He bought anything that was in a can with a pop top lid that he could heat in a pot of water. Beef stew? check. Beans? check. Canned pears? check.
yum.
And just to spice things up a little bit, we invited our brother-in-law to come along.

OK, so I know you're dying to find out our super-original-never-done-before-idea.
...drum roll please...
We went scuba diving in the desert! For real. Wendover, Nevada to be exact.
We went scuba diving in the desert! For real. Wendover, Nevada to be exact.
Stop laughing.
Believe it or not, there is a hot water spring called Blue Lake out there. Somewhere.
Believe it or not, there is a hot water spring called Blue Lake out there. Somewhere.
... and we had a blast diving the crap out of that 74 degree water. Ahhh, so warm.
Muddy? Yes.
Beautiful? No.
Interesting? ...I guess you could say that. (Divers over the years have put sculptures out there so there is actually something to look at besides a few random fishies.)
Warm? YES!! 
The dive club from Idaho Falls did a poker run (you have to dive to several sites in the lake and collect poker chips, then you get a card for each chip and the person with the best hand wins first pick at the prize table). We totally found them all due to Todd's mad navigation skillz.
Here we are celebratin' in the pop-up trailer. Classy. Sparkling cider, anyone? I have more of those fancy blue cups! Crystal, schmystal.
We even had a generator we put a 100 foot extension cord on and drug out to the desert so we could watch movies. Like I said, classy.
Todd was in charge of the cooking ("How sweet!" you're thinking). He bought anything that was in a can with a pop top lid that he could heat in a pot of water. Beef stew? check. Beans? check. Canned pears? check.
yum.
And just to spice things up a little bit, we invited our brother-in-law to come along.
There are so many things I cannot explain about this picture. OK, just kidding. The real story? Adam was getting scuba certified and had to do several open water dives to finish his course. So he invited us along on this club dive. It just happened to be the same weekend as our anniversary. This picture was really just to tell Laura how much fun she was missing!
And so now we have a new dive buddy. Woot!

And so now we have a new dive buddy. Woot!
He really wants to be poster boy for next year's event. Can't wait for the great dive/shoot out Memorial Day weekend 2011!

These are our great neighbors / Twinkie roasting buddies. Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. This dad and his daughters come out every year -- they were awesome.

So there you have it folks. Now you know how truly redneck we have become. Please don't stop being our friends. Honestly? I would go anywhere with this man. Who needs fancy vacations with "hotel rooms" and "beautiful scenery" and "candle lit dinners"? All I need is time with Todd and I'm a happy girl. That's the cool thing about being married to your best friend.
These are our great neighbors / Twinkie roasting buddies. Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. This dad and his daughters come out every year -- they were awesome.
So there you have it folks. Now you know how truly redneck we have become. Please don't stop being our friends. Honestly? I would go anywhere with this man. Who needs fancy vacations with "hotel rooms" and "beautiful scenery" and "candle lit dinners"? All I need is time with Todd and I'm a happy girl. That's the cool thing about being married to your best friend.






7 comments:
I"m so glad you guys had a great trip!! And see.... if you moved HERE, you could actually scuba dive in the OCEAN!! ;)
That is FAR too cute!! So glad you had fun.
Your post is SUPER FUNNY, and I must say I'm diggin' your new dive buddy. :)
I simply can't believe you had all that fun without me!
Awesome. In so many ways.
Seriously Alynn, I just think people like you are the perfect example of how love should be! You guys are so great together--and I love reading all your adventures together. :)
ok my face hurts bad from SMILING LIKE A FOOL this entire time!!! Greatest post of all time!
you and your hubby are THE RADDEST COUPLE EVER!!! you guys do such cool things and are so funny!!
this looks like the coolest getaway i've ever seen.... now i want one!
ps. your bro in law in his wetsuit with a gun cracks me up!
Blue Lake! The one by Wendover? That was my second dive spot, for my certification. I imagine it's not so cool after diving the Sound, but when your only prior diving experience is the nasty old bathwater of the Crater in Heber City, Blue Lake is like Belize.
Ryan B
Post a Comment